Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Paint like Pollock



The idea of painting with water on cement outside seemed to me to be a
no-brainer great activity for my little guy. 

Outside play+ water+ painting= awesomeness. 

I got out a basin of water and a foam paint brush (get them at the hardware store for less that a quarter) and showed him to dip the brush and "paint" the sidewalk. He started by painting the sidewalk, and even painting the daffodils. 


I love presenting creative activities to kids--I think the most interesting part of the activity is seeing them bring their own creativity to the table.

Ethan decided to use the brush to paint Jackson Pollock style. They key here is having a foam brush because it holds more water than a regular paint brush. He'd dip the brush and fling the water all over the sidewalk. It made a great sound as it splattered, and he was overjoyed to watch the water fly though the air and splat on the ground.


Sometimes, it's the little things!

Seriously, THIS is happiness.
Have you had a good experience "painting" with water??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful idea! I miss the days when it took so little to entertain and fascinate little ones :)

Crafting Play said...

Thanks! We had such a great time--I can't wait until the weather is constantly warm and we can increase the amount of water :)

maggy, red ted art said...

Bless his cotton socks - he looks so happy! Adorable post!

Thank you for joining us on our Arty journey and sharing on Kids Get Arty!

Maggy

Crafting Play said...

Thanks Maggy! I don't think he could have been much happier!

Looking forward to more from Kids Get Arty- Great idea!!

Emma @mummymummymum said...

oooh that looks like so much fun! xx

Unknown said...


Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group? There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers paypal credit login

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...